Sunday, September 25, 2011

...and they call me the Dutchess!

You know how they say, "Things will get worse before they get better" ? 

What an understatement! 
 
My house is a total disaster. Not only do i still need an effin maid, but I also need a designer, an organizer, and a motivator! Right now, we're "under construction" and it feels like it will never-ever end! I probably should not be complaining. It's my excuse for not doing things I should be doing. It's just going to get dust on it after you sand that spackle now isn't it? Ahhh, the justifications of the slothful; they are what is truly never-ending!

My husband is the contractor, so I get my labor for free. How sweet is that? VERY! He isn't going to disappear, or charge me big bucks to do the job, but the man is working 7 days a week, sometimes two different jobs in the same day!! I'm lucky if I can get him to work a whole day at our house!  Right now we're in the middle of a living room remodel and the walls are not completed yet (still some spackle marks and unpainted spots) and we didn't get our new flooring yet NOR our new furniture. So now it's September, and my daughter turned 15. Time to stop calling her Scootle I guess. I'll revert to my other alias of her, Lina. She asked us to re-do her room for her birthday, you know: new paint, new flooring, new ceiling, new bed, new everything. Yes I think she's aware that this is costing us over a grand to do. She is one of those chicks that will forever look at herself in the mirror and proclaim with absolute certainty (just as in the Loreal commercials):
Yes, I'm worth it!  
Well goodie goodie gumdrops and sprinkles for HER.
As for me, I am sleeping in what I regularly call, "the third world country." ( I 
bought this house before I knew my handy hubby.) Since I moved in and ripped up the carpets in my bedroom, they have stayed that way. I started to paint my room dark dark blue, but never did the 2nd coat nor cut it in because? Because I decided I didn't like the effin color after all, but did I do anything about it? NO! Instead I carpeted and painted my daughter's bedroom and made it look all girly and cute. Now I'm doing it again, 7 years later, and voila....still the 3rd world country theme in my bedroom. And it's not just the bad, unfinished paint job or the cracked uneven wooden flooring, but its also the mis-matched furniture, the lack of a closet, and a bay window area that has cracking ugly textured plaster, and rotted wood windowsills. And they call ME the Dutchess?
Excuse me for expecting the Dutchess to not only have a maid, but also a beautiful decor and comfy surroundings...!  My daughter, the princess, is the real royalty around here! Yes, I could've complained to my ever-patient loving hubby that I need a re-do, but as most parents do, we put ourselves last.

Which brings me to the story of the new animated pic to the right (and below) that says, "Dutchess".


Hosted on Fotki



For years, my sister has been the self-proclaimed "Princess", yes with a capital P.  In jest, I said, "Well what does that make ME?? .... The Dutchess?"  This brought about laughs from both my sister and my father, and so my sister, who does PSP (not pcp) made up that animated poster for me to tell everyone my status.

I think it's a lie. I think I'm really the scullery maid and nobody really wants to point it out. The truth can just be so.....ugly.






No comments:

Post a Comment